Built in America's heartland, the Silverado is an iconic pickup, and we're looking forward to the new fifth-generation redesign just as much as you are! It's been a few years since the last complete Silverado redesign and with customer's needs changing faster than ever, Chevrolet has taken your feedback into account and completely redesigned the 2019 Silverado 1500 from the ground up. Arriving at Durand Chevrolet sometime this fall, let's take a look at some of the features of the redesigned 2019 Silverado 1500.
The redesigned frame means more space in the bed, and more space inside the cabin. The larger bed is almost seven inches wider with 12 tie-down points. While the 2019 Silverado is around 450 pounds lighter due to new aluminum hood, doors and tailgate, the bed is made of roll-formed high-strength steel.
Drivers these days spend more time in their vehicles, you'll love the larger cabin with, extra legroom in back, plus a collection of storage bins. Two 10-liter bins are built into the second-row seat backs for stashing electronics, snacks or books, and there’s one large 24-liter storage tray under the second-row seats that’s long enough for a fishing pole, yet deep enough to hold groceries if you stop to shop.
There's also new storage boxes installed over the wheel wells and against the inner bed wall. They offer almost seven cubic feet of lockable storage for tools and other gear. Other new features include task lighting in the bed and a 120-volt household power outlet near the tailgate for your convenience.
• The new truck platform plus redesigned exterior provides room for a larger cabin.
• More legroom in the rear seats
• More storage - storage bins in the rear seat backs, and storage under the bottom of the rear seats.
• Taller driving position gives better visibility
• Redesigned ergonomic instrument panel
• Two gloveboxes
• MyLink infotainment system on all trim levels
• USB & USB-C ports, a 12-volt power port, & a 110-volt household outlet
2019 SILVERADO 1500 EXTERIOR
• Larger wheelbase - almost 4 inches longer
• Larger bed - almost 7 inches wider with 12 tie-down points
• More aerodynamic - a redesigned windshield and roof spoiler add aerodynamic efficiency
• Optional power-operated tailgate - operate from your key fob or the cabin
• Lighter but tough where it counts - Aluminum hood, doors and tailgate cut weight, but the high-strength steel roof, fenders and bed give the strength for hauling and safety in the event of an accident.
• Eight trim options - including three new trim packages!
2019 SILVERADO 1500 ENGINE OPTIONS
These are the engine options that have been confirmed by GM.
• 2.7-liter turbocharged inline four-cylinder
• 4.3-liter V-6
• 5.3L L84 V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management - boosting fuel economy by up to 5%